Friday, August 17, 2012

East Coast Tour - Day 14

Hello from Botwood!

"Where's Botwood?" you may say.

Botwood is a small town in Central Newfoundland that's integral to my family history. It's the hometown of my Mom, Helen, and I spent much of my childhood here, visiting family. We'll actually spend the next few days doing just that.

As we were welcoming people before tonight's concert, the inevitable happened. "It's not hard to tell who you are," I heard. "You look just like your mother."

When I was a child, this was the only thing I hated about Botwood.

Now, I can't get enough of it.

We sang tonight in the beautiful Trinity United Church. Bold stained glass line the walls of the sanctuary, giving snapshots of Jesus's history.

We had a lot of musical folks in the audience, so there was lots of singing and grooving coming from the crowd, and nods-of-approval when Gerald would hit a particularly cool guitar lick.

Our next concert is Wednesday, so we'll take some time over the next few days to squeeze in some good rehearsals before hitting the road. We've had so much driving lately, and so many nights in hotels, that it's been hard to get any real rehearsal time going. My Dad made the best analogy: Like athletes playing road games, we need that daily stretch and play to keep things fresh.

Tomorrow, we stretch!

No comments: