Friday, July 31, 2009

Last day working for Ben Speer!

Today closed a chapter for me. It was my last day working for Ben Speer Music and Ben Speer's Stamps-Baxter School of Music.

Although I did some volunteer work at the school in 2007, I didn't officially start in my position until that fall. I was originally hired to simply answer the phones and reply to emails, but through my work with the School Administrator, Kay Honour, I was able to work on several larger projects that helped bring the school to a new level of organization and effectiveness.

I've met a lot of amazing people at the school, including staff, faculty, students, and guest artists. I've had the chance to teach Audition Technique, Performance Training, and Songwriting for Young Students. I've performed at faculty nights and scholarship concerts.

Gerald and I have big plans for Breaking Light Music in Ontario, and through the school, I've learned a lot of administrative skills that will only benefit our future plans.

My grandfather and father have always said, "You should leave a place better than the way you found it."

With that in mind, I can turn the page on this chapter, proud of the job I've done, and loving facebook for hooking me up with all my Stamps-Baxter friends.

No comments: