Sunday, November 29, 2009

My hymns-stress is lifting!

We had a great praise team at church this morning! Monique choose great songs, and with 5 of us on vocals, the sound was great. Gerald's song "For God so Loved the World" was beautiful, especially with Chris's fiddle sounds.

This afternoon was dedicated to getting stuff done! I've contacted 3 people about being headliners for Tin Pan North 2010. So far, 2 have responded positively. They aren't booked yet (which is why I'm not naming names), but they're interested and are working out details.

I've also been putting together the final details for "Hymns in the Key of Grace." I can't believe it's almost done! I'll pick up the reference disc tomorrow morning. This will be the music as we'll hear it on the final CD. Once I approve this disc, we get the PMCD and we're ready for manufacturing.

I got the graphics tonight as well - they're beautiful! There are a few small tweaks, but overall I'm just so happy! Once I approve this, the graphics get sent to the manufacturer and we're ready to go.

So, we're 2 quick approvals away from manufacturing! We don't have time any more for a full run of 1000 CDs, so I'll need to get a "short run". You can get a short run in just a few days, but you pay a lot more per unit. Not ideal, but few things about this production have been ideal! I can't believe all the obstacles we've had to face over the last few months. I've been so stressed this past week as we've pulled together the final details. I didn't want to have to sacrifice quality in order to get CDs done in time for Christmas concert season, but I was also really working in a time crunch. (After months of waiting and delays, I end up in a time crunch. Always the way...)

Once I saw the graphics tonight, however, my stress started to dissipate. The end is in sight, and it looks and sounds great! I'm so happy with the mixes, I have faith in the mastering, and the graphics are going to be gorgeous! Maybe I'll get a good night's sleep tonight?

No comments: