Sunday, November 01, 2009

Gerald at the Moonshine

Tonight kicked off the first of a series of NSAI Songwriter Nights at the Moonshine Cafe in Oakville. Gerald and I played the Moonshine a few years ago, and we've been looking forward to a return engagement.

Tonight's show was a Nashville-style round featuring Gerald, Laura Ranieri, and Joe Hash. There was supposed to be a fourth writer, but his last minute cancellation meant the three on deck got to play extra songs.

The whole night was fun and relaxed. John Marlott, owner of the Moonshine, threw some burgers on the grill, so the audience had full and happy tummies. Laura has an energetic performance style, and Joe has a great sense of storytelling with his songs. Gerald was, of course, excellent. He did some of my favourites, including "When Saturday Morning was All Day Long," "Up on the Watertower," and "Whiskey and Dragonflies."

I was supposed to join him on harmonies, but I've been knocked out of commission this week by a terrible sinus infection. So glad I was well enough to attend tonight, though. So proud of my talented husband!

Busy week coming up: Brian has sent me the mixes for my hymns CD! We'll be reviewing them this week, and also working on the graphics. Hoping to have product in hand within the next few weeks!

Also, tomorrow we sign the contract with St. John's, and on Wednesday, we move! Very exciting times, indeed!

No comments: