Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tin Pan North 2010

Tonight I finally made it to a Tin Pan North planning meeting, and it was worth the drive to the west end!

Tin Pan North is Toronto's version of Nashville's annual songwriting festival, Tin Pan South. We're actually the only regional workshop to do a Tin Pan festival, so that's pretty cool. Gerald and I have played it before, and it's been growing every year.

The festival runs several days at several venues in 3 or 4 different cities. Each show is a Nashville-style round featuring one hit writer and 3 NSAI members. It's always fun and very entertaining.

Since we're going to be regional leaders ourselves in 2010, I thought it would be a good idea to get involved in planning the festival. Tonight was a great overview. I'll be working with volunteers and probably some publicity, but here's the very cool news:

There's going to be an all-Christian night at one of the venues!! I am so crazy excited about this! I suggested a Christian writer as one of our headliners, and then other people in the group suggested having an all-Christian night. In my heart, I really wanted to suggest this, but I didn't want anyone to think I was pushing my own agenda. When other people suggested it, and then got excited about it, I knew it had to be God working.

I'll be organizing the shows, so my first job is to find a downtown church who is willing to offer us a free venue, and then find 2 amazing headliners.

The shows will be Friday, May 28, 2010, at 7:00 and 9:00pm. Mark your calenders!!!

No comments: