Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Listening to the mastered hymns...

I'm currently bringing navel-gazing to a new level. At this moment, I'm listening to myself, looking at a photo of myself, while writing about myself.

Never has the word "diva" seemed more appropriate.

It's actually far less self-indulgent and far more practical than it sounds. Tomorrow is the absolute deadline to get my hymns CD to the manufacturer. God willing (and I pray He is), I'll be able to pick up CDs Thursday afternoon, just in time for our concert in Peterborough on Friday.

I picked up the fully mastered music this afternoon, and that's what I'm listening to right now. It sounds so beautiful. Yes, I'm biased, but I'm also highly critical of myself. Teri and Gerald did such a beautiful job on the accompaniment, and Allison and Tara's voices sound fantastic.

When I think back to my original concept for the album, it's like looking at a line drawing. What I'm listening to now is a painting with colours and layers and dimension.

The graphics still need a few tweaks, and I'm praying that will be done by tomorrow afternoon too.

I can't believe it's almost done. I'd get really excited right now, but I'm way too tired.

I'll dance about it in the morning.

No comments: