Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The 12 Angels of Christmas - Day 10

Today's angels come as a pair. We found them at the altar rail of the Anglican cathedral in Montreal this summer while on our East Coast Tour.

There are many things I love about this duo. I love that one is male and one female, implying an equality of the sexes in worship and in service.

I love that they take on different postures, one facing up in patient expectation, and the other with head bowed in humble prayer.



They both sit on a pattern of interlocking hearts, implying that all we do should be based on love, or perhaps that with God as our base, we are supported by a platform of love.

I also love that their faces are calm, suggesting that in the presence of God,
all our fears and anxieties can be wiped away.





*************************************

To celebrate the twelve days of Christmas,
I'll be posting a new angel every day.
This series is inspired by my Dad's "The Twelve Creches of Christmas."

No comments: