Friday, May 02, 2008

Allison Durham Speer and My First Review!

It's the first of the month, which means my latest SGM Radio article is now online. A few weeks ago, Allison Durham Speer and I met at a little Italian restaurant and chatted for hours about ministry, communication, and the Elijah Conference. You can read the whole interview here. (Actually, not the whole interview. When I actually transcribed our conversation, it was over seven pages long. Edit, edit, edit!)

And... I got my first review of Real Big Fan! It's on the same site, but you can also find it here.

It's weird to have a review. I've been part of theatre shows that were reviewed, and I was sometimes mentioned, but I've never had my own solo effort reviewed. I'm happy that's it's a positive review, and I'm grateful for the opportunity, but overall, I don't really know what to think. Weeeird!

Life note: Gerald and I took Dante to the vet today for a check up. We also had Sebastian with us, and as the lobby was quiet and the weather was good, we were all in pretty good moods. The only other person there was a large, burly man. This is a man who works hard for a living. He uses his body for a tool - maybe building things, maybe driving large vehicles. He was standing by the counter, holding a tiny dachshund, wrapped up in a towel. Dante, of course, wanted to say Hi, but the dog really looked sick, so we held Dante close to us. A woman came out and took the dog into the other room. This man, this strong rough man, started to cry. Not cry - weep. He leaned over the counter for support. He grabbed his shirt to wipe the tears from his face. After he left, the receptionist confirmed the worst. The dog had Parvo - treatable, but expensive to treat. He was being put down this afternoon.

I don't know why I'm writing about this. It has nothing to do with Southern Gospel or anything 'professional'. All I know is I can't stop thinking about that man. He's been in my prayers all day, and I'm holding my own dogs a little tighter tonight.

No comments: