Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Welcome to Worship Wednesdays!

For about a year now, I've had an idea percolating in my mind:

What if we wrote weekly articles 
to encourage worship leaders and songwriters?

As you can imagine, that word "weekly" is the one that caused my procrastination!

But in the past few months, the ideas have been building to the point where my brain can no longer contain them. I feel so blessed with all that Gerald and I have been able to learn and experience in recent years, and the more we meet with other worship leaders, the stronger the desire to share what we've learned, and to incite some conversation.

So each Wednesday, we'll be writing about worship, songwriting, and leadership from the perspective of both the local worship leader and the touring Christian artist. We'll talk about things like building your band, songwriting for 'the gaps', introducing contemporary worship in a traditional church, and what the UFC can teach worship musicians. Yes, that UFC.

Gerald and I will write, but we'll also call on our talented friends to share their wisdom. We'll give you resources, and do our best to answer any questions or write on any topics you send us.

Let's share what we know, raise each other up, and in doing so, create a culture of worship in our churches!

Bookmark this park and tune in each Worship Wednesday for a new article...

No comments: