Monday, January 04, 2010

Quiet Day Discoveries...

Happy Epiphany!

It's been a slow start to the New Year for me. Friday morning, I woke up with a tummy ache that ended up knocking me out of commission for 5 days. I'm finally feeling myself again, but I haven't had that energetic, proactive start that I wanted for the year. Instead, I've given myself complete permission to rest and relax, and it's been good.

I've enjoyed the snow, and watched a little too much TV, but I've also done a lot of reading, and here are a few things I've discovered:

- Beth Moore is coming to Toronto in March! Must get tickets...

- My new favourite blogs are Seth Godin (good business advice) and Anne Jackson (honest Christian journey stuff).

- My Dad wrote an article on interim ministry that was in the November 2009 issue of "The Anglican". You can download the issue here. Dad's article is on page 8.

- Sunday morning, I heard John C. Maxwell speak on TV. I'm finally finishing working through his book, "Talent is Never Enough". If you have any intentions of taking your talent outside your living room, I can't recommend this book enough!!!

- I'm considering changing my social networking habits. More on this later...

- I'm working on a new song for infant baptism. More songwriting is definitely in my Goals & Resolutions for 2010.

- And my new favourite quote:

"There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us. 'Tis good to give a stranger a meal, or a night's lodging. 'Tis better to be hospitable to his good meaning and thought, and give courage to a companion. We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Wouldn't it be amazing if we all decided to SCATTER JOY in 2010?



2 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

Thanks for the love!

Allison Lynn said...

My pleasure! Thanks for your honesty!