Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas begins tomorrow!

Okay, not Christmas proper!

Tomorrow is the first Christmas gig of the season for us! We're going to be in Kitchener, Ontario to sing a concert at a Christmas dinner. We haven't been to this particular church before, so we're excited about meeting a whole new group of people.

As you've guessed by now, we arrived safely in Ontario on Tuesday night. Wednesday was Recovery Day, and Thursday was my birthday! Yay!!! It's the first time I've been home for my birthday in a few years, so that was awesome! I had breakfast in bed, a pedicure with Mom, a fantastic dinner with la familia, and then on Sunday, it'll be a nice gathering with a few friends. Awesome!

As I've probably mentioned, we have 20 gigs booked for December (including Nov. 29). It's going to be a lot of work, and probably a little stress, but mostly, I'm really excited about the whole thing.

In the middle of crazy Christmas shopping and politically correct 'holiday' greetings, 20 gigs means 20 times to sing the Gospel in public! Whoo-hoo! Bring it on!

On my site, I've only posted the gigs that are open to the public, but I think next week I'm going to put them all up, including seniors' centers, etc. Please pray for Gerald and me that we will make the most of these opportunities to love God's people and to share the Gospel story.

No comments: