Monday, August 25, 2008

St. John's West and all the rest...

What a weekend! Yes, I am oodles behind in my blog. When I was in Newfoundland a few weeks ago, I had zero internet access, so I started writing off-line. Unfortunately, it's taken me a while to get all that writing back online. Just one more thing for this week's "To Do" list...

This morning, we returned to St. John's West to lead the music. St. John's West is always a challenge in that we are usually responsible for all preludes, hymns, psalms, communion music, special music, postludes, and liturgical music. Today we had a visiting priest leading the service, so that cut out the psalm and the liturgical music. It was a wonderful service though! Great preaching and, as always, a great spirit.

We spent the afternoon relaxing in High Park with Mom and Dad. Next month, Mom and Dad will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary (Yay, M+D!). Since we won't be here to join in the celebrations, we had the party yesterday. For the better part of the afternoon and evening, 30 people gathered in the garden for food, song, and lots of laughter. Gerald and I pulled off a great little moment when we surprised Mom and Dad with an Elvis recording of "She Wears My Ring", the song from their first dance. I got this great photo of all the couples at the party dancing with their loved one in the garden. It was a wonderful day, and a great celebration of their first 40 years of a love well lived.

No comments: