Sunday, August 03, 2008

Recovering from Stamps-Baxter - Prepping for Canada

I have been sick since last Sunday. I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat and a headache. I attributed it to Stamps-Baxter fatigue (I worked over 165 hours during the 2 weeks of school!), but as the week wore on, I realized that things weren't getting any better. Long-messy-story-short, it's been a week of zinc lozenges, chicken noodle soup, and afternoon naps. We're leaving for the 12-hour drive to Canada on Tuesday, so my main concern right now is having the energy for that. More soup... more naps...

As a result of all that mess, very little has happened this week. I've been working on bookings for Ontario in August. I think right now we're up to seven, and I'm aiming for at least twelve. I haven't been able to stay online long enough to blog yet, so I'll be updating all my Stamps-Baxter blogs as tonight goes on.

I'm finally reading "The Shack" by William P. Young, and I'm really enjoying it. I tried not to read any reviews, etc, before reading it, which meant I had no expectations going it (except for Tara's constant pressure - "Read it!!!"). I think I thought it would be darker than it is. I can see how it would invite repeat readings and book clubs - lots to process!

My SGM Radio interview with Mike Allen has been posted and you can check it out here.

Finally, now that I'm free of Stamps-Baxter pressure, I'm starting to wrap my head around NQC. Tara Jackson and I are sharing a booth, which I think will be win-win for both of us. Our booth number is 448, which is near the middle of the hall. We're trying to think of creative ways to use our space and our time, and I'm just crazy excited about the whole thing!

But for tonight: blogging ... packing ... possible nap ...

No comments: