Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cafe Forte

It's the first time I've been able to go to Cafe Forte in ages. Between Mom and Dad's visit, and then NQC, my Mondays have just had a different focus. CF has gotten away from having 2 different performers with a break for networking, and I don't know how well it's working for them. Tonight's feature was a guest speaker, and, unfortunately, there wasn't a great turnout.

James Gardner spoke about dealing with fear as an artist, and how you can release that fear through prayer. It was a good night, and several people stuck around after to receive private prayer.

For me, the real benefit of tonight was reconnecting with some great people! I truly believe in the mission of Cafe Forte and the desire to create a community to support and encourage Christian artists. It was great to see everyone and touch that energy again.

I'm really interested in bringing some of the Christian DIVAs here to Nashville for a few joint gigs. I spoke to the Cafe Forte organizers tonight about booking us for some time next year, and got the green light. Actually, here's what I got: "Of course. This place (Cafe Forte) is your home!"

For a homesick girl from Canada, these words were a blessing in my ear!

No comments: