Thursday, September 06, 2007

All Mac-ed out for NQC

Whoo-hoo! I'm writing this on my brand new MacBook! I've never owned a new computer before, so this is pretty exciting for me. I decided to go Mac because it seems to be the creative choice, and so far, I love it!

I also needed a computer to bring to NQC. The National Quartet Convention starts Sunday night with a concert, and then gets into full swing Monday, Sept 10 and finishes Saturday the 15th with a celebration of the Florida Boys. This group is retiring after 60 years in music ministry. Amazing!

I've been dying to go to NQC for years, and I really don't know what to expect, but I think it will be even better than I think it will be!

I'm in a busy few days now as I get ready to go. I have several reasons for going: #1. See lots of great artists, including many that I never would see in Toronto. #2. See lots of friends. #3. Research how the showcases and booths work for next year. I plan on being there in 2008 with my new CD! And #4. Participate in the Bloggers' Roundtable.

The what? I've been invited to participate in a roundtable to discuss blogging and the Southern Gospel industry! It's the first time NQC has ever had such a thing, and I'm just honoured to be part of it. The power of blogging continues to amaze me!

And other cool thing - They've put out a press release about it too! Here t'is:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SG NEWS

FIRST EVER NQC BLOGGERS' ROUNDTABLE
THIS YEAR IN LOUISVILLE
For this year's National Quartet Convention,.. the NQC Board of Directors has announced plans to host the first Southern Gospel Bloggers' Roundtable. (blogger: person who publishes a weblog on the internet)

A press release says the action comes as organizers recognize: "..the diversity of voices that are represented at this annual event." The press information says those taking part in the discussion,.. will be individuals who have created and/or contribute to internet weblogs dedicated to Southern Gospel Music.

“When we were presented with this opportunity,” NQC Executive Vice President Clarke Beasley explains, “we felt that it was a very innovative idea that represented the advancements Southern Gospel Music is making.”

According to Beasley and coordinators of the roundtable, the individuals who
have been invited to be a part of the discussion are a diverse group, and include writers, singers, songwriters, publicists, radio personnel and journalists within and beyond the SG industry.

Our reporter has learned that those participating most likely will include at least these:

Sue Smith - www.writeaboutjesus.com
David Bruce Murray - www.musicscribe.com
Daniel Britt - www.joyfm.org
Allison Lynn - www.allisonlynn.com/
Daniel Mount - www.southerngospelblog.com
Chris Unthank - www.southernspin.com
Paul Jackson - Prophets Qt
Lottie Squires - www.wckb780.com
Douglas Harrison - www.averyfineline.com
Chuck Peters - www.southerngospelreporter.com

(This is not the official roster from NQC.. and is not intended to be a complete list of persons who may participate.)

The roundtable discussion will focus on the role blogs should play in Southern Gospel Music. Organizers of the event hope the NQC Bloggers' Roundtable shows the way a community of mostly young writers interested in Southern Gospel has taken shape online and that those writers are interested in continuing the conversation off-line too.

No comments: