Sunday, July 24, 2005

Nashville - Sunday

Another fairly lazy day, but I'm writing this a little earlier tonight so I can get ready for tomorrow's classes. I still have work to do on my song for Daryl's class. I worked on a the second verse this afternoon, but all I ended up with was a rewritten first verse. I like this new first verse better, so that's good, but I still need a second verse.

We had a worship service this morning, lead by Bruce Northam. Bruce is the father in the family group, the Northams, and he's also a preacher. He gave a great sermon about working in ministry, be it preaching or music. His main point was that it's not how you start, but how you finish. He gave great Biblical and real-life examples of people who start with God in mind, but they let other things distract them, and their lives and ministries fall apart. He gave some great tools for staying on track and keeping God first. The Northams led the music, and they were great. They're doing a concert for us this week, and I'm really looking forward to it. My voice teacher, Jaimie, is one of the daughters, and it was great to hear her sing too.

We went out for lunch and I tried fried catfish. Awesome!

Tonight, Donna drove us downtown, just for a look around. We saw the Ryman Auditorium, which was home of the Grand Old Opry for years and years. I've found out they offer a backstage tour, so I'll be checking that out on my extra days. I'm staying a few days after school ends to play around, so I'm trying to find lots of great music stuff to do. I'm sure I'll be busy!

No comments: