Thursday, July 14, 2005

Between-the-music days

My days are filled with the preparation and recovery of music time.

I've had some great gigs in the last week. First there was the night with the orchestra at the Montreal Bistro. I can't believe we sold out the place. I sold out my dream venue! There were definitely some musical hitches, but it was still an amazing and dreamy night. We played the Toronto Street Festival on Sunday. The music gets stronger each time we perform.

And now I'm getting ready to go to Nashville. Two weeks of singing and writing and learning and networking and God knows what else. I've never done anything like this before. I'm incredibly excited, but if honesty shines through, I will have to admit that I'm slightly terrified as well.

I know the next few weeks will affect me tremendously. I promise myself to be open to whatever challenges, changes, and experiences come before me.

No comments: