MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
GERALD'S HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY! - I'll be updating all day:
We were chatting with the nurse about visiting hours & how I planned to stay overnight with a friend in the city & she said “Visiting hours are now 24 hours…”
Long story short, I’m spending the night in the hospital with Gerald 
They’ve set me up with a sleeping chair, pillow & blankets.
I grabbed my overnight bag from the car & thanks to the parking app, the car is all good til tomorrow evening.
Grateful!!! 
Gerald has had a good day!
His pain is under control & he’s in good spirits.
He’s read all your comments & appreciates the love & support.
Tomorrow, they’ll getting him moving & walking.
Tonight, we’re resting & giving thanks for the day.
1:03pm:
Gerald is out of surgery and in his room!
We’ve been given a semi-private with a bed by the window. Right now, he’s the only patient in here.
Because he has some other health issues, they’re keeping him in the Special Care Unit to monitor him.
9:15am:
Gerald’s surgery will be 9:30am
He should be in recovery by 10:50
I’ve been told that can see him by noon.
Please pray now for Gerald & all those caring for him 
5:00am:
We're in Toronto today for Gerald's right hip replacement.
(His left will be replaced in the New Year.)
Please keep Gerald & all those caring for him in prayer!
I'll post updates throughout the day...
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
2:50pm DISCHARGED 
We are so grateful to all the staff of Sunnybrook’s Holland Clinic for their wonderful care & expertise!
Gerald passed all the mobility tests with flying colours.
Now comes the day-to-day recovery of rest, exercise & healthy living.
Thank you all for your prayers over the last few days. It means so much to know we’re not facing any of this alone 
9:25am Good morning!
Last night brought some pain & discomfort, but overall it was a good night and we’re ready for a full day.
Today, Gerald will meet with physiotherapy & occupational therapy to teach him how to use his new hip.
If he hits all the benchmarks, he should be cleared to go home today.
Please keep us in prayer for a successful day 

No comments:
Post a Comment