I could fill pages describing the day, so let me sum it all up in a few highlights:
- Morning worship with a packed house, awesome worship band, and full choir.
- We sang "Resurrection Hymn (See What a Morning)" as a Communion song, complete with accordion!
- I met a couple visiting from England, and I had sung at their wedding 15 years ago!
- Mom and Dad joined us for the morning service! So great to have them there.
- Ended morning worship with a roof-shattering rendition of "To God Be The Glory" with voices, band, tambourine, and pipe organ.
- Had a little rest between services, with enough time to make up a platter of Easter treats for the band.
- Beautiful Gathering service with a great crowd, including enough children for a children's focus.
- A powerful message by Drew and a moving, intimate Communion led by Anne.
- We enjoyed a late Easter dinner with friends, in a comfortable home with an abundance of food.
Our Gathering Worship Band, tech team, and clergy.
But the real highlight, the best moment of the day for us, was sharing our new song,
"There's a Light at the End of the Tomb" at both services.
We'd been working on it for weeks, and as I've shared already,
the church used our song title as the cornerstone of their Easter advertising.
Our song title on the cover of the Easter bulletins.
We just used guitar for the accompaniment, but we pulled Patrick and Derwyn into the mix to give us a full vocal quartet on the choruses. It felt so awesome to sing it, and the reaction was overwhelmingly positive.
We recorded everything, so once we have a bit of Easter recovery time, we'll take a listen and see if we can share any of it with you.
In the meantime, please feel free to visit our FACEBOOK page
to see more photos of our Easter experience!