Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This afternoon, we were invited to sing our Hymns and Their Stories program at a seniors home in Richmond Hill.

We were set up with a good crowd in an intimate room. The audience smiled and sang along. To celebrate Holy Week, we did a special set of songs, including "O How He Loves You and Me," "Because He Lives," and "In the Garden." Gerald sang the classic "Were You There" acapella - just beautiful.


After the concert, we spent a lot of time chatting with the staff and residents. They just loved the music, but it was more than that. It really felt like a time of worship. Several people thanked us for the 'service.'

I was going to try and find a evening service today to celebrate Good Friday, but between last night and this afternoon, I really feel like I've worshiped.

I'm in waiting ... I'm ready for Easter ...

No comments: