Tuesday, April 07, 2009

SoGo Central Nashville

Tonight I sang at the SoGo Central Nashville Dinner Theatre. It's a neat little community theatre where they do lots of plays and musicals, and for the last few months, it's been the home of monthly Southern Gospel concerts.

My Stamps-Baxter friend, Brandon Andrews, has been the host, so I was thrilled for the invite to come and sing a few songs. I was also excited because I'm big fans of the headliners for the night - Mike and Kelly Bowling. For the uninitiated, Mike and Kelly are a husband-wife team who have built one of the hottest trios in SG today. They have a great sound and they choose great songs - last year's "Your Cries Have Awoken the Master" was Singing News #1 song for 2008.

I opened the show with "Neighbour" and "Real Big Fan", and both went well. Brandon did a great set with his huge, powerful vocals and awesome songs. Then Gerald and I did our new arrangement of "Just a Closer Walk" and we had the crowd singing along. Mike and Kelly gave a great show with stunning vocals, and an easy, friendly stage presence. They're awesome to listen to, and just so comfortable to watch.

After the show, we got to chat with the audience, staff, and other artists. "Just a Closer" got terrific feedback, so I'm even more excited about putting it on the new CD. Overall, there was a really positive feeling from everyone. Hope we can do it again soon!

No comments: