Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Latte, Stamps, and Tea

Today was a day of wonderful details, like the friendly teenage cashiers at Kroger, and the wonderfully funny lady who sold me my iced latte. But that was just the start of today's great blessings...

I found out today that I'll be working an extra day a week for Stamps-Baxter, which is not only a financial plus for us, but with our new change of venue, it also means I'll be able to do a lot more work for the school. Yay!

Gerald and I will be playing and singing at the Family Affair Ministry Fellowship (FAM) women's retreat this weekend, so I called the church today and arranged a visit there tomorrow. We're going to lead worship on Friday and sing at the service on Sunday, so we want to see the space and find out how we can best serve the retreat. I've been talking to the pastor about singing there for a few months now, so I'm very excited about this.

Tonight, I joined my first women's Bible study group. We're doing Beth Moore's "Esther" study, and I'm really excited about the whole thing. It's kind of like Alpha in that you have a DVD of Beth speaking and a discussion, but there's also a workbook and weekly homework.

Most of the group members attend BCC, which sponsored the Women's Tea that I sang at last October. After we finished tonight's session, one of the women asked where she could buy my CD. (my purse is always well stocked!) Apparently, her daughter has been singing "Do You Wanna Be My Neighbour in Gloryland" since last October. Did you catch that detail? She doesn't have the CD, yet she's still been singing the song since October! Talk about a great way to end an awesome day!!!

No comments: