Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"Shepherd of the Hills" - my first single!

What a day! My first single has been released, and I've just finished twelve solid hours of promotional work. Exhausted, but very happy indeed!

Here's what filled the day:

- I've released "Shepherd of the Hills" through Radioactive Airplay. Each week, they do their own chart, and I've debuted at #30. Whoo-hoo! (UPDATE: I just visited the page again, and I've moved up to #27!)

- I posted the song on my Shoutlife page and my MySpace. Feel free to visit and take a listen!

- No official results yet from last week's "Make It or Break It" - Hopefully, soon!

- My Dottie Rambo article was posted today, so I emailed all the people who gave me quotes to thank them and send them the link.

- Tara and Kyle are sending out my press release for the single through JMA, so Tara and I spent a good bit of time working on that today. It was sent out tonight, so hopefully, it will get some notice tomorrow!

- The largest part of today was letting people know about my Single Release Party next Monday. I'm posting lots of public notices for it, but I also wanted to send out invites to people I know in Nashville - over 120 personalized invites! Yes, it took hours!

That said, the event is very public, and if you're in the Nashville area, please drop by!

Here are the details:

ALLISON LYNN'S SINGLE RELEASE PARTY
Monday, June 9, at 7:00pm
Edgehill Cafe, 1201 Villa Place, Nashville, TN 37212
With special performances by Allison Lynn, Tara Jackson, and Gerald Flemming.
FREE ADMISSION!
ALL ARE WELCOME!

And very special news: Mom and Dad are coming down for the weekend! They wanted to be here for Gerald's Bluebird debut on Sunday and my show on Monday. So awesome!!

Oh, so that was the other thing that filled the day - cleaning the house for company!

No comments: