Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm going to release my first single!

Yes indeed, it's a big weekend for radio around here!

First, a little Tin Pan South update: I was under the weather a few days last week, so we missed two nights of concerts. Friday we went to see "The Hit Men" - Jeffrey Steele, Bob DiPiero, Tony Mullins and my favourite, Craig Wiseman. We saw them last year and loved them, but this year's show was so poorly organized, it just wasn't enjoyable. We actually left partway through. Some stuff came up Saturday, and with the bad taste of Friday still in our mouths, we just blew off Saturday's shows. With the exception of Tuesday's outstanding show, it was a pretty disappointing week.

But of course, Friday I heard my song, which got me uber-excited, and now I'm ready to announce the next exciting thing in our lives: I'm going to release my first single!!!

I've never done this before, and I'm quickly realizing I know nothing about radio! Luckily, I'm surrounded by some gifted and trustworthy advisers. There are still lots of details to work out, so I don't want to say too much yet, but suffice to say, tune in to your radios May 1st!

Over the next month, I'll be doing a play-by-play of how this whole thing is going to come together, so check back often and join me on my learning curve.

Inspired by Tuesday's show and the excitement of my new challenge, here's the song in my head this weekend:

I'm diving in
I'm going deep
In over my head I wanna be
Caught in the rush
Lost in the flow
In over my head I wanna go
The river's deep
The river's wide
The river's water is alive
So sink or swim
I'm diving in

(by Steven Curtis Chapman)

No comments: