Monday, July 16, 2007

Stamps-Baxter - Registration

Sing it: It's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's right, it's time again for Ben Speer's Stamps-Baxter School of Music, right here in Nashville, Tennessee. And for once, I don't need to risk my guitar to the 2 hour flight and sadistic baggage handlers. (See last year's entry for details...) Nope, this year, I am a mere 15 minute commute to the school, and I couldn't be more excited.

I called Ben yesterday to see if they wanted some help today with registration. I was put in charge of giving out the school folders, but I ended up being the Info Girl as well. So many new people this year! It's pretty awesome. And, of course, today was also a great reunion with many old friends. It was great to see the kids that have gotten taller, and to hear the stories of people's lives over the past 12 months.

On Saturday, I'm taking part in an alumni concert, organized by fellow alumnus Wess Adams. Originally, the concert was scheduled for a church in Walling, about 2 hours from Nashville. But Wess got to talking with Ben, and the show was moved to the First Nazarene church here in Nashville. Great, huh? Well, it gets better - Ben is joining the program! Yes, I'm going to share the stage with Ben Speer! I think a few other groups from the school might come too. There were posters everywhere today, and I think most of the school is planning to come. I really wasn't nervous before today, but now, the pressure's on!

I just got home a little while ago. It's going to be a crazy (and wonderful) 2 weeks, but I know the key to surviving this school is lots of water and lots of rest. So, here's to another great year of Stamps-Baxter!!! Whoo-hoo!!! Nap-time...

No comments: