Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm getting married in the morning!

Okay, technically, it will be late afternoon, but the song still applies.

I can't believe it's actually going to happen. All this planning, and it's finally come to pass. Today, I took Mom and Aunt Pauline out for manicures and pedicures. It was the first time for all of us. Just to look over and see the two of them being pampered in a way they deserve but would never give themselves - it was just awesome!

Tonight, we all just sat around eating great food and telling good stories. I finally got to meet Tim, the best man, who just flew in from Edmonton. And even more family friends flew in today. This is the greatest family reunion!

I have just finished writing my speeches. I will probably fuss over them again tomorrow. I'm so nervous about saying all the things I want to say, and making it efficient and effective and beautiful and memorable and blah, blah, blah... I know it doesn't need to be perfect. I guess what I really want is for it to be accurate to what is in my heart.

I really try to use this blog for my creative and spiritual adventures, and not for my personal events. But I can't imagine any part of my creative and spiritual life that will not be affected by this decision for the rest of my life.

I'm feeling so blessed, so special, so loved, and so loving.

Time for deep breaths, good sleep, and a prayer of thanksgiving for such an incredible twist in my life.

Peace...

No comments: