Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hearing my song.

I brought Welcome to Bethlehem to the church choir today.

First of all, how awesome to be back singing with the choir! It was great to worship with the church and with that great music I love so much. Of course, since it was our first Sunday together in months, there were a few 'hiccups'. But all disasters were avoided, and the service was very inspiring.

At the end of rehearsal, I gave out copies of the SATB arrangement of Welcome to Bethlehem. I was so nervous for everyone to sing it! I don't know why, exactly. I guess I just wanted it to sound good and also for it to be easy to sing for everyone. Just a little back-stage-fright, I guess. But my fears were wasted. (Isn't fear usually wasted?) It works! Again, it's not incredibly intricate harmonies or anything like that. But it is good, solid SATB harmonies that work well and sound good. And I like the way the song sounds too. It's definitely an ensemble song and not a solo.

My next job is to learn how to edit it. I had the bars too close together, and with all the eighth notes and wordy text, it was a little hard to read.

Oh, and I have a new tune. I think it's going to be a lullaby. The words haven't come yet, but I think that's where it's going.

No comments: