Thursday, August 25, 2005

A good day.

Why do I get so nervous? You'd think at this point, I'd be all cool and relaxed, but I still get that nervous ache every time I take on a new project. I was so scared of the recording today, but everything was fine. Actually, more than fine. It was really great.

We did three songs:
1. My Father's Arms.
2. One Sure Step.
3. The Stable Bare.

Ger played guitar and I sang. All the takes were live, which was great. We were able to play off each other, and really enjoy our chemistry. Pretty much everything was done in one take. On One Sure Step, we did 2 takes and took the second. No edits in anything. Alan did a great job of making it sound warm and natural. I'm really happy with the results. I'm going to add the songs to my site. It's a tedious process - changing my site from being a musical catch-all to being a site representative of a musical ministry. The acting stuff will stay the same, but the music is all changing. I want people to be able to hear my songs on the website so they have a real sense of who I am and what I want to say.

I really never thought I'd write songs. If you'd asked me five years ago, I would have laughed and politely told you that I would never write my own material. I just honestly didn't believe I had any songs in me. But now, I find that to be shockingly wrong, and I'm so excited by the possibilities.

I'm looking into a Christian songwriting conference called Write for Jesus. Looks very exciting. Hopefully, I'll book another commercial to pay for my plane ticket.

Speaking of commercials, I finally saw my Global Television commercial tonight! Quick and funny. That was the gig that bought my ticket to Nashville. An answer to a prayer.

I'm sending my cd off to Nashville in the morning. The prayers have begun...

No comments: