Thursday, October 13, 2005

Good show!

Today was long and exhausting, but just awesome. The highlight was, of course, our big band show.

It was a noon-time concert, and you never quite know what kind of audience will turn out. But we had about 100, so that was really encouraging. Paul, our conductor, kept things really tight. The pace was great, and we really packed in the songs.

The audience had a fantastic time. Mostly an older crowd, and you could tell they appreciated the choice of songs. Often times, I'd look down, and people would be singing along. I love that!

I love our arrangement of What a Wonderful World. It's a lovely 12/8, with an orchestra solo the second time through. It gives me goosebumps everytime I sing it. I mean, it's a killer song with an awesome message. But to sing it with a full orchestra behind me? Amazing! People smiled when I announced the song. And they started to sing along. But one man was really affected. At one point, he started to cry. I don't know if it was the message, or a particular memory, but it clearly hit him in a deep place. Whatever it was, I hope it was a very positive experience for him. I said a little prayer for him.

What a great time! Great songs and an awesome audience. I love my job!

No comments: