Saturday, August 25, 2012

East Coast Tour - Day 22

Hello from my hometown - St. John's, NL!!!!

We arrived early in the afternoon so we could rent a Bose sound system. Even though ours worked perfectly last night, we've been debating buying a new system for a while. We're just at the point we're we'd like something a little larger that can accommodate more instruments and possibly bigger venues. We've had our eye on the Bose towers, but thought it wise to rent before buying, so here we go.

Our venue for tonight was St. Thomas's Church, which was my home church for most of my childhood. Dad was the rector (head pastor) here for many years, and the sanctuary is full of memories.

There's nothing more powerful than looking out at an audience that is full of family, and folks who have known you your whole life.

Tonight felt like a strong night of ministry, and I believe Gerald has completely fallen in love with the Bose (I have picture to prove it - give me a day or 2 to post it.)

Tonight is performance #13 on our tour. Only 3 more to go!

No comments: