Monday, July 20, 2009

Stamps-Baxter - Day 6

I know it's only Monday, but I'm exhausted. Last night was a late one, and I have to admit - the commute to and from Murfreesboro is stressing me out. Gerald has been working on setting up the move, which is now only 3 weeks away! Yes, that's 3 weeks today. My word! There's so much to do, and as much as I love the school, it's stressful to be away from the house 10 or more hours a day.

Today was CD recording day at Stamps-Baxter. I wasn't in the hall during the recording, but they seemed to be very deliberate about the process. Group singing has been amazing this year, so I think it's going to be a terrific CD.

Tomorrow night, Brandon Andrews and I are hosting the Comedy Night, so we spent some time working on that today. Students are invited to tell a joke, impersonate a Gospel legend, or do a celebrity lip-sync. We'll mix in a bit of music, and it should be a pretty good night. This will be the first time we've done this kind of event, so I hope it goes well.

Tonight's concert was Stephen Hill, who is always awesome. So soulful and fun. He sounded fantastic, and the students just loved him.

Must sleep. Tomorrow's a long day!

No comments: