Thursday, April 09, 2009

Maundy Thursday

I decided last night to give myself today off. It's one of those things that I couldn't really afford to do, but I also couldn't afford not to. Now that I've hit the end of the day, it was definitely the right choice. I relaxed, spent time in a cafe with Tara, and had a long dinner out with Gerald.

Tonight I went to the Maundy Thursday service at Redeemer. It was awesome. We did Holy Communion, foot washing, and stripping the altar. The music was great, and the whole service was powerful and moving.

When I got home, Gerald and I rehearsed for Sunday morning. These are the songs we're doing:
  • Holy is the Lord (Chris Tomlin)
  • Above All (Paul Baloche)
  • In Christ Alone (Stuart Townsend)
  • Angus Dei (Michael W. Smith)
  • Worthy is the Lamb (Darlene Zschech)
The rehearsal went well, so I'm feeling good about it all!

No comments: