Friday, January 30, 2009

A bit of quiet time...

Writing late at night in a quiet moment...

Gerald and I spent a good part of tonight rehearsing. He's a last minute addition to this Sunday's praise team (I was already on the roster, but we were short a guitar player). We met with Jenna yesterday to pick up music and we'll squeeze in a few rehearsals before Sunday. Tomorrow is busy, but I have no doubt it'll all work out.

I've spent a good part of the week organizing the house. I recently painted the living room a warm, country yellow, which has made a huge difference! A great colour just affects everything - your mood, your efficiency, your creativity... I then decided I wanted to put up the rest of the art that's still in boxes, so I've pulled out every box that was still packed up. That lead to emptying out closets, armoires, shelves. You can probably see where this is going. For the past week, my house has looked like one of those 'before' shots in an organizing show on HGTV, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I've been able to recycle bags full of paper and piles of cardboard boxes. The walls are full of great photographs and pictures, and my creative room is close to near-perfect organization. There are new little decorating vignettes in the living room, and my receipts are almost ready for tax season.

"If you give a mouse a cookie..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

........or if you give a moose a muffin............or if you give a pig a pancake.............
hgh