Friday, May 20, 2011

East Coast Tour - booking!

Maps of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland, mapping out our tour route.

Despite the gray, drizzly weather that's claiming to be spring here in Toronto, summer is a'coming! I can't believe we're just months away from our first East Coast Tour.

Many years ago, Gerald and I did a short tour of Newfoundland. As the organizer, I made almost every planning mistake I could make, but we still had a great time singing at different venues and spending time with family.

I'm happy to say I've learned a few things over the years, and I'm really excited about how things are shaping up for August. I ordered maps from each province's tourism agency, and I've put them up on the walls of my new music room. As you can see by the photo, I've chosen to map out our tour route with post-it notes. I've used different coloured markers to indicate churches, travel days, etc.

This is very low tech, I know, but I helps me visualize the full scope of the tour. We still have some open dates, so I'm continuing to book concerts and make plans.

Given the thousands of kilometers of driving, it's probably obvious that gas prices are a concern. I have a new idea that's brewing in my head, and I'm probably going to have a cool announcement to make next week.

Stay tuned.... and enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: