Saturday, January 08, 2011

A DIVA No More...

I called my Mom this week and said, "Mom, I'm not a DIVA anymore."

She said, "Yes you are."

I said, "No, I'm not a Christian DIVA anymore."

She said, "Oh yes you are."

Funny Momma.

This week, after much prayer, and talking Gerald's ear off, I decided to leave the Christian DIVAs. I've been part of the group since 2007, my first summer in Nashville.

In my time with the DIVAs, I was part of a concert weekend in Nashville, had 2 songs included in our compilation album, did a tour of Illinois, and spent countless hours connecting with amazing Christian artists from across the States - praying, sharing stories, and just trying to encourage one another in our individual ministries.

But life shifts, and I leave the DIVAs with no regrets. Living in Canada and having a regular church position, it's harder for me to be part of the events, and with the launch of Infinitely More, I'm feeling less and less like a solo artist. The DIVAs are about to launch a lot of great new projects, and it just felt like the right time to leave and open a spot for another artist to join their ranks.

Our last night in Illinois, Leah, Tara and I were booked to sing for a Sunday evening service. As we arrived, a woman greeted us by saying "Oh, the Christian DIVAs are here!" In that moment, I felt like I was part of something bigger than myself, and that felt great. This year, when Gerald and I started to talk about becoming a duo, I had the same feeling - I have the chance to be part of something bigger than myself, and I'm excited to see how God is going to use that.

No comments: