I can't believe I've gone this long without blogging. I just had a friend write to see if I'm okay.
I am okay, but it's been a trying week. There's been lots of good stuff - last Sunday, we sang at St. John's West Toronto, and we're now back on their regular roster. I have a new date booked for November (I'm awaiting confirmation before it goes on my calender.) I've been reading a few great books that are filling me with new ideas and inspiration - "Talent is Never Enough" by John C. Maxwell and "11" by Leonard Sweet.
On Monday, Mom had a very successful full knee replacement surgery. She was in the hospital four days, and will be in recovery for several months. At times like this, we're really glad we moved home early.
But here's the tough decision of the week: After much tedious discussion and weighing of facts, Gerald and I have decided to cancel our trip to Nashville this week. It's no secret that our recent car accident has given us many challenges, the worst of which are financial and physical. When we looked at things from a practical point of view, there was just no way we could take this kind of trip right now.
We're sad about having to make this choice... I'm going to miss studying with Allison at the Elijah Conference. We're going to miss our NSAI training day. We're going to miss Songposium, seeing friends, and attending church at Redeemer on Sunday.
...but we also feel some peace as we know this is the smart decision. Normally, Gerald and I would make the take-the-big-risk-and-it'll-all-work-out decision. It's hard making the 'mature' decision, but we have big plans for the next year, and we don't want to add to our challenges by driving ourselves deeper into debt or prolonging our physical recovery.
And now that we've made this very mature decision, we're going to wear our pajamas all day, dance in the rain, eat cupcakes, and enjoy every second we have with our friends and family. Carpe diem. Accept the good. Count your blessings. And live large, my friends. Live large.