Monday, January 02, 2012

The 12 Angels of Christmas - Day 8


Today I bring you a singing quartet of angels!

I found this little choir in my friend's beautifully Christmasy apartment. Gwen couldn't remember where she got them, but their clay form and simple paint remind me of figures found in Mexico or the Caribbean.

I love their big open mouths and tightly shut eyes. I can almost hear them singing out like children - maybe not getting all the notes correct, but singing with unabashed passion of the new Christmas birth.

May we also unashamedly sing out our praises this Christmas season!

*************************************

To celebrate the twelve days of Christmas,
I'll be posting a new angel every day.
This series is inspired by my Dad's "The Twelve Creches of Christmas."

No comments: