Saturday, December 31, 2011

The 12 Angels of Christmas - Day 6


I found this angel in chains at a garden store this summer, and the image fascinated me. Her face and posture mix gracefulness and strength, yet she's been confined like a circus commodity with the chains, crate, and 'sold' sign.

It reminded me of the way we all try to contain things that we find too large or too powerful in our lives, even if these things are good and positive - love, change, passion, talents, relationships, even God...

I thought this was an appropriate angel for New Year's Eve:

What chains have bound you this year?

What powerful and positive forces are you trying to contain,
only to your own detriment?

I encourage you to spend some time in silence or prayer today, examining 2011, and seeking a freer 2012.

*************************************

To celebrate the twelve days of Christmas,
I'll be posting a new angel every day.
This series is inspired by my Dad's "The Twelve Creches of Christmas."

No comments: