Friday, December 30, 2011

The 12 Angels of Christmas - Day 5


Some angels need rescuing.

While crushing ribbons and wrapping paper into the recycling box one Christmas, my eyes caught a glimpse of a wing. This little angel - created only with a sliver of wood and a slip of paper - had been tied into the bow of a now-unwrapped present. I grabbed the little ornament, untied her from the bow, and found a waiting branch on my tree.

Christmas can get overwhelming with flashing lights, boisterous parties, and crowded shopping malls. This little angel reminds me to keep an eye out for the gentle, delicate details - the soft moments by the tree, the email from a long distance friend, the chance to smile at someone who needs a ray of light...

*************************************

To celebrate the twelve days of Christmas,
I'll be posting a new angel every day.
This series is inspired by my Dad's "The Twelve Creches of Christmas."

No comments: