Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Final Studio Day

I've been trying to blog at the end of the day, but today is so long, and it's far from over, so to avoid falling asleep while I write, I'm writing from the studio.

We've been here since noon, and it's now 7:43pm. We had to take a meeting this morning, so the studio had a bit of a late start. Kind of wish now we'd started it all earlier. We're still on the fourth song, and we have one more to go after this.

Not trying to complain (even though I know it sounds like I'm complaining) - I'm just tired, and we have a long drive tomorrow, so I really want to get a good night's sleep.

The recording process has been amazing. Everyone has been so creative and awesome. Our demo singers have really inspired me in different ways - Lisa is so prepared and present, and Justin has great harmony skills.

Denny has started some rough mixes already, and he'll continue that after we leave. I don't know how long it'll take for us to get the final mixes, but when we do, we'll post them on Gerald's myspace page (I'll post a link when they're up).

After we leave here, we're going to join Tara and Kyle for a late supper, then get as much sleep as we can before tomorrow morning.

I'm not as anxious about the drive as I was last week, but if you're the praying kind, I'd still appreciate you lifting a few up for us over the next few days. Thanks...

No comments: