Saturday, January 16, 2010

Music for Haiti Fundraising Campaign

Last night, I was transfixed by the story of a little girl who had been stuck under the rubble in Haiti for 2 days. Her arms and one leg were free, but the other leg was still trapped. Rescue volunteers struggled to free her, while at the same time, whispering love and wiping away her tears.

Like many of you, my heart is breaking, and I'm wondering what I can do to help.

Inspired by a friend of mine, I've decided to put my music to good use.

FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS,
$5.00 FROM EVERY CD WE SELL WILL GO TO HAITI RELIEF!


This includes "Real Big Fan" and "Hymns in the Key of Grace." We want to make this really easy, so you can purchase the CDs online, through iTunes, by mail, or in person.

We'll be donating the funds through The Primate's World Relief and Development Fund (a very reliable Christian-based agency). All funds will be matched by the Canadian government, so your $5.00 will become $10.00!

We encourage you to buy a CD for yourself, your friends, or anyone who loves Gospel music! We want to get our funds to Haiti as soon as we can, so we'll be running this special until Tuesday, January 26.

Here are the different ways you can purchase CDs.

TO PURCHASE ONLINE:

Real Big Fan
Hymns in the Key of Grace

TO PURCHASE ON ITUNES:

Real Big Fan

TO PURCHASE BY CASH, CHEQUE OR MONEY ORDER:

I'll have CDs with me at St. John's York Mills Church on Sunday, January 17 & 24. Please come find me after the 9:30am service.

If you're attending St. Christopher's Anglican Church, Burlington, you can purchase CDs through my parents, Hollis & Helen.

You can also mail a cheque or money order, made out to Allison Lynn, for $18.00 per CD ($15 + $3 s/h). Please consider emailing me by January 26 to let me know your cheque is in the mail (no joke intended), so we can include your purchase in our relief campaign.

Allison Lynn
c/o St. John's York Mills Church
19 Don Ridge Dr.
North York, ON
M2P 1H3

Please comment or email me with any questions!

Thank you so much for partnering with us! We hope you enjoy the music, but more than that, we pray that our funds will be well used to provide relief and support to the people of Haiti.

No comments: