Sunday, December 06, 2009

Allan Gardens - Christmas has begun!

This morning's service at St. John's was great! We did 2 wonderful songs that were new for Gerald and me - "Emmanuel (Holy Manger Ground)" by Chris Tomlin, and "My Deliverer" by Rich Mullins. Both were great, and I think Gerald and I are going to add "My Deliverer" to our program some time.

This afternoon, Monika joined us for Christmas caroling at Allan Gardens in Toronto. Today was the official start of their Christmas Flower Show. I think this is the sixth or seventh year we've done this event, and for me, it signifies the start of my Christmas celebrations. Allan Gardens is one of my favourite places in the city at any time, but it's especially beautiful this time of year. The Victorian greenhouses are full of special arrangements, Christmas cactus, rosemary trees, and poinsettias in every shade of pink, white and red. Yesterday, they had cider, cookies, sleigh rides, and Christmas carolers - us! We've been going so many years that we've gotten to know many of the regulars. One mother told me that we're in all their Christmas photo albums, and that her son has been coming to see us each year since he was a baby.

Next week we'll do a similar event at Centennial Park in Etobicoke. The season has begun!

No comments: