Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Through Thursday

Yes, some days right now, I guess it feels a little like "getting through." I think I must also be feeling a little better though, because I'm really enjoying the inner rhyme in my blog title.

Last Sunday, Gerald and I did our first gig since the accident. It was difficult preparing because we just haven't been able to get ourselves up for rehearsing, but it felt really good to sing and play and be involved in leading worship.

Tonight I took an online Song U class with Sue Smith on "Writing for the Christian Market." Very informative, and Sue always has a relaxed yet passionate teaching style.

The rest of the week has been mostly full of practical stuff, including car shopping, which I'm finding particularly stressful. I would usually like to take a few months to shop around and really weigh out the finances of it all, but we just don't have that luxury right now. Gerald has taken the lead in looking for good cars and great deals, and I really appreciate him for it.

Starting Sunday, we have 5 performances in a week, including singing at our friend's wedding. It's going to be busy, but it's the kind of busy I like, so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: