Sunday, October 07, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FRIENDS BACK HOME IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the official holiday, but my family usually celebrates on the Sunday. This afternoon, my Mom will serve a turkey dinner for 8. Now that we're away, it's actually the smallest crowd they've hosted in years.

These are the hard moments of living here in Nashville. It's times like this that I just get homesick. I would love to be home today, but with the CD recording starting this Wednesday, plus starting 2 new part-time jobs this week, it was just too much to go home right now. It's a 12 hour drive without breaks, so popping home for the weekend is just out of the question.

*sigh* Just missing home right now, but I do want to make a list of things for which I am thankful:

- Knowing a God who always chooses love over judgement, and forgiveness over failure.
- Gerald, my partner in all things good and true.
- Mom and Dad, who continue to teach me about love, marriage, and friendship.
- My puppies, Sebastian and Dante, who bring me happiness and love.
- Monika, and a friendship not dimmed by distance.
- All those back home who believe in me and Gerald and keep us in prayer.
- All my extended family, who are awesome and loving.
- My apartment, my car, food for dinner, and all other practical blessings.
- The opportunity to live here in Nashville and follow our dreams.
- New friends that I have made in the last few months.
- 2 new part-time jobs!
- The opportunity and resources to make this CD.
- My creative talents, and the chance to use them to serve the Lord.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add how thankful you are for those towels you stole while in Louisville. I mean, who wouldn't be thankful for craptastic towels?

:-D

Happy Canadian Turkey Day!

TJ :)

Anonymous said...

We miss you too.
Happy Thanksgiving from the 'true north strong and free' and hot this October weekend.
Love
Dad