Friday, June 24, 2005

Toronto AIDS Vigil 2005

What an awesome night! Last night, Gerald and I played for the Toronto AIDS Vigil. When we auditioned, we just thought of it as a gig where we get to do a song. Pretty normal, right?

Imagine 2000 people in a park. All ages of people. Very quiet. Everyone was there out of love. Perhaps remembering a friend who had died. Perhaps praying for their own health. Some were there out of fear for this terrible disease. Some were there to support their community. And some were just curious.

And we were there to sing. We did Bridge Over Troubled Waters, with Gerald on guitar and both of us singing.

It was - I don't know - I can't even get my words around what a powerful night it was or how honoured I felt to be a part of it.
It's one of those times when I just feel so blessed to be able to do what I do.

No comments: