Today was hardly a "day of rest" for us,
but it was definitely a vibrant and memorable Sunday...
- a sermon from the Bishop
- tech issues from a buzzing mic
- a baby-dunking baptism
- John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy"
- liturgical dance
- Gerald's mouth trumpet on "Oh When the Saints"
The font at Church of the Messiah. Yes, the baby went completely under!
- band rehearsal moved to a new room for the day!
- Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On"
- Communion at The Gathering
- Gerald's stunning new setting of "In Flanders Fields"
- awesome band that can play beautifully with an unplugged rehearsal
We each pinned a poppy on the cross as we gathered around the altar for Communion.
Thankful for a full day, and a well-earned tired.
Flowers from the altar guild at Church of the Messiah - thank you, ladies!