Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getting ready for AWARE

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll head out to Peterborough with my friend, Deanna, for the AWARE women's conference. Over the course of the weekend, we'll lead 4 worship sessions, a Taize service, a Communion service, a musical parade into the Communion service, and 3 pre-worship sessions featuring our own songs.

We've been planning and practicing for a few months now. Even though Deanna and I have been friends for a few years, it's always a new experience when you start working together. I think we've developed a good dynamic, and I'm excited to bring the music to an audience.

I'll be blogging over the weekend, but I don't know if I'll have access to internet, so check back next week for AWARE updates.

Oh, and yesterday while I was caught in traffic, I wrote a new song! I didn't write at all over the winter, and now, it's like spring thaw - ideas and melodies are just flowing. Of course, being in traffic, I had no way to write it down, so I sang the song 30-something times so I wouldn't forget it. Must have worked cause I woke up singing it this morning!

No comments: